LIST OF SERVICES
Our shop has everything you need to create your completely customized glasses from conception to creation, and continued service thereafter.
- • EYE EXAMS
- • PRESCRIPTION LENSES
- • CUSTOM LENS COLOR
- • EYEGLASS REPAIRS/ ADJUSTMENTS
Our doctor is available for eye exams weekly. A full, comprehensive eye exam takes around 50 minutes. Appointments are necessary. Our Board Certified Optometrists are equipt to dilate your eyes, fit you for contact lenses, and help with any optical need you may have. As a result of our extensive eye exams, we can make a precise determination of eyeglass prescriptions, and thoroughly check for overall optical health, all with state of the art equipment.
PRESCRIPTION LENS TYPES
Our licensed opticians will assess your prescription and ask questions about your lifestyle routine in order to suggest the best possible lenses to suite your needs. We specialize in the highest quality lenses available on the market, but are always willing to provide suggestions to meet any budget. Here's an example of some of the lens options we provide, to get a better understanding of what they can do for you.
• Prevencia Anti–Reflective Coating by CrizalNew healthcare warnings state that smartphones, tablets, and computer screens all emit harmful blue–light. You can now protect your eyes with this blue–blocking anti–reflective coating.
• Crizal Alize Anti–Reflective CoatingAre your eyes tired from staring into a computer all day? This option is for you. Crizal is a premium anti–reflective option that provides superior scratch resistance with anti–reflective properties and hydrophobic technology. This lens coating comes with a two–year warranty to further protect your lenses.
• Variable Focal Digital Progressive LensesHave you reached the age where you strain to see the crossword section in the newspaper? Dislike having multiple pairs of glasses to switch from to see both distance and reading? Progressive lenses are capable of allowing the wearer to see objects far away as well as reading the fine print of your phone bill. We work with digital progressive lens designs, which gives the wearer up to thirty–percent wider field of vision. Now seeing through progressive lenses is more natural and comfortable. You will forget you are even wearing them!
• 1.74 Index Thin LensesLong gone are the days of thick "coke–bottle" lenses 1.74 lenses offer an ultra–thin lens with proven aspheric design along with flatness. In fact, 1.74 lenses are up to three times flatter than standard plastic lenses. Plus, these lenses offer 100 percent UVA and UVB protection.
• PolycarbonatePolycarbonate lenses are strong and shatter resistant, yet thin, lightweight and flexible. These lenses are required by law for children's glasses (under the age of 18), but are also available and highly recommended for adults as well.
• Polarized LensesIs glare a constant problem even when wearing your sunglasses? Polarized lenses are the solution. These specialized lenses cut unnecessary glare for optimal sun–wear protection and are often called the "True Sunglasses." Fisherman use this technology to see through the surface of water, and police officers use them to see through the windshield of a car.
• Transition 7th Generation LensesHate having to constantly switch back and forth from glasses to sunglasses? Transition lenses are clear indoors, then automatically adjust their level of tint to changing light conditions outdoors. They provide visual comfort and quality at any and every moment, helping you see better wherever you are. These 7th Generation lenses will make other lenses pale in comparison!
CUSTOM LENS COLORING
One of the many exclusive services we offer is custom lens tinting. We can make any effect you desire using just five basic tint colors. Whether you choose just one classic solid color, or a funky two–toned gradient is all up to you. Our lens technician can match any color. with over 100 samples in stock for you to see, we are sure you will be colorfully satisfied! Here is a list of the five basic colors we start off with, and a brief description of what each does in terms of lens visibility.
• greyGrey tints are a popular, neutral tint that reduce brightness and glare. Grey allows eyes to perceive colors in their purest form. Oudoor artists, especially painters, should stick to grey. Grey is also great for driving, and outdoor sports such as running or cycling.
• yellow / orangeYellow and orange tints increase contrast in hazy, foggy or low-light conditions. These tints tend to make objects appear sharper both indoors and outdoors, but can also cause color distortion. Choose yellow shades for snow activities, golf, indoor sports, or sports shooting.
• greenGreen tints filter some blue light and reduce glare, while offering high contrast and visual sharpness. Shades of green also tend to reduce eyestrain in bright light. Choose green for precision sports such as tennis, baseball and golf.
• amber / brownAmber and brown tints reduce glare and block blue light, giving them the ability to brighten vision on cloudy days. By blocking blue light, these tints increase contrast and visual acuity, especially against green and blue backgrounds such as grass and sky. Choose amber and brown tints for fishing, baseball, golf, hunting, cycling, and water sports.
• rose / redRosey tints increase contrast by blocking blue light. These tints have a reputation of being soothing to the eyes and more comfortable than others for longer wear-times. They also help with visibility while driving, and seem to be a favorite among computer users as they reduce glare and eyestrain. And who wouldn’t want to see the world through "rose–colored glasses"?!
EYEGLASS REPAIRS AND ADJUSTMENTS
We can make that pair of glasses that never quite fit right perfect again, most times on the spot. If your glasses are broken, we can repair them by using the latest techniques, with minimum turn around time. Please call for an appointment with one of our licensed opticians