Scleral Contact Lenses from Anthony Aiden Opticians
If you are unable to wear regular contact lenses, scleral contact lenses may be right for you. Scleral lenses are a great option if you have had trouble wearing other contact lenses or were told that you were not a good candidate for contacts. At Anthony Aiden Opticians in New York, NY, we will fit you with a pair of these unique lenses.
What Makes Scleral Lenses Different?
Scleral lenses are more prominent in diameter. These lenses rest on the white part of the eye called the sclera. The scleral has fewer never endings than the cornea and is less prone to sensitivity or irritation. This makes the sclera lenses more comfortable to wear. In addition, the larger size of the lenses makes them less likely to dislodge from the eye. The lenses are also gas-permeable and provide more advantages than traditional lenses. Some of these advantages include:
- Enhanced durability and wear
- Sharper vision
- Less prone to complications
Good Candidates for Scleral Lenses
Scleral lenses are a good option for candidates trying to achieve optimal vision with contact lenses. Scleral lenses are ideal for the following conditions:
- Irregular Corneas: Irregular corneas cause vision problems. Sclera lenses and provide patients with sharper and clearer vision.
- Dry Eyes: Dry eyes can make it difficult to wear conventional lenses. Scleral contact lenses can keep your eyes moist and comfortable.
- Hard to Wear Eyes: The shape of your eye can prevent you from wearing regular contacts comfortably. Traditional lenses can dislodge if you participate in vigorous activities like sports.
The Cost of Scleral Lenses
A common myth with scleral lenses is that they are more expensive than traditional lenses. More work is involved in prescribing these types of lenses, but many patients are surprised by their affordability. The lenses are worth the investment even if they are not covered by insurance since they provide a better quality of life.
Schedule an Appointment with an Optician in New York, NY
The best way to determine if scleral contact lenses are right for you is to book an appointment with our team at Anthony Aiden Opticians. We will perform a thorough eye examination and help you decide if scleral lenses are a good option. Call our team today at (212) 533-1577 to schedule a consultation with one of our opticians.